The Sr Tax Analyst is responsible for various aspects of the non income tax functions including sales/use, property/real estate, unclaimed property, and business licenses.
- Prepare, analyze and scrub the sales and use data for submission to third party service providers.
- Manage and Prepare the Property/Real Estate tax returns and all work papers necessary to adequately document positions claimed.
- Manage and Prepare the Unclaimed Property, Annual Reports, and Business License returns and ensure the company is in full compliance with all relevant tax laws.
- Monitor tax compliance calendar to ensure that all returns, and other tax filings are submitted timely.
- Manage and prepare the information gathering for all non income tax audits by the various state and local taxing jurisdictions.
- Work with the auditor to reduce any assessments.
- Review auditor workpapers, and analyze results of audits and the impact on future years. Recommend changes in procedures based on results of the audits.
- Maintain regular communication with controller/finance personnel at various legal entities to understand direction and results of the audit and to convey any reserve that needs to be established.
- Manage, analyze and prepare account reconciliations for the tax accounts maintained within the accounting ledgers.
- Manage the Vertex sales tax calculation software that is used to calculate the tax for various legal entities.
- Review A/P invoices to determine whether use tax needs to be paid on the invoice.
- Provide customer support for various tax questions that arise.
- Research various tax issues and provide support and technical advice.
- BS/BA Accounting
- 5 - 7 Years Non Income Tax Experience
- Experience with SAP, Vertex, and Excel
Associated topics: business intelligence, business systems analyst, examiner, financial analyst, financial analytic, financial reporting analyst, guidance, investment analyst, refinement, strategy
Location/Region: Pittsburgh, PA (US - 15202)