Strongly preferred to have some of these qualities but not required to have all (able to learn new technologies):
- 2+ years of technical work experience
- Bachelor s degree in information technology or related field
- Equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered
- Demonstrated familiarity and expertise in the day to day administration, maintenance and support of Linux/Unix server infrastructure.
- Prior experience in an IT Operations support role (Command Center Operations, Server Operations, Network Operations Center, Service Desk, etc.) performing hands-on IT Infrastructure & Application troubleshooting.
- Willingness and ability to work any shift assigned including weekend days and holidays as part of a standard schedule is a must.
- Willingness and ability to work overtime / alternate shifts as needed and possibly with short notice.
- Must be reliable and dependable; flexible to changing shifts to ensure proper staff coverage during planned / unplanned absences or special business processing times such as Quarter End / Year End.
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies in support of the job is a must.
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks in dynamic and high pressure situations, prioritize them accordingly and react quickly to issues is essential and a must to be successful within this role.
- Ability to follow implicit instructions when needed but also use experience/working knowledge to \"think outside the box\" when solving issues. Needs to understand deviances from the norm and resolve using prior experiences and resources available. Being able to see the big picture is paramount.
- Solid initiative and follow-through; ability to work with minimal intervention or follow-up and see tasks through to completion without continual follow-up.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, service partners and subject matter experts.
- Good teamwork & collaboration skills. Ability to influence and lead others on occasion.
- Initiative to continually identify opportunities for improvement or add additional business value. Ability to work with others to drive those ideas to implementation / completion.
- Must be able to perform regular shift walk-throughs of the Data Center.
- Must be able to walk, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time as needed.
- Must be able to perform regular lifting or moving of equipment/items as needed; generally not to exceed 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel to other sites if needed (this is expected to be a very low percentage of time if at all).
- Knowledge and use of CA-7 / CA-11 products.
- Mainframe experience.
- Windows server experience.
- Linux/Unix experience
- Cloud experience.
- Familiarization of ITIL processes (Event, Incident, Change, Problem, etc.).
- Experience using ServiceNow or other incident ticket tracking system.
- Experience using major telecommunications vendor s ticketing system
- Experience using Orion SolarWinds, HPOV/BSM, or other Event Management/Monitoring tools.
- Reasonable typing speed (50+ wpm).
Associated topics: administrator, equipment, maintenance, network administrator, operating system, router, scom sccm, system administrator, system center operations manager, tcp ip
Location/Region: Pittsburgh, PA (US - 15202)