How you ll make an impact
When you re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $20 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Sr. Financial Analyst, Corporate Accounts is a Global role providing analytical support for our Healthcare segment which represents $1.4B in revenue for the company. Responsible for driving business decisions through effective analysis and communication with the Corporate Accounts Healthcare leadership team and the Thermo Fisher Scientific finance team across the divisions. It is critical that this role builds solid relationships and remain closely connected to the Commercial Finance teams globally to maximize analysis and ultimately results for the total company.
What you ll do
Our Finance team contributes ideas that fuel our performance and advance company-wide strategy. Finance is directly linked to the health of Thermo Fisher Scientific, and our work allows our business and functional leaders to make the educated, sound decisions that drive our mission and make us a stable, trusted organization. As a Sr. Financial Analyst, you will be a key member of the business team supporting reporting activities, including trend analysis and monthly reporting and forecasting. You will work closely with finance and business leadership to help them achieve financial commitments. This role reports to the Director of Finance, Corporate Accounts Healthcare & GPO Operations. In addition you will:
- Analyze and reports on programs, customer and division activity (revenue, profitability, savings/value delivered) on a monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc basis to the Corporate Account Healthcare Leadership Team.
- Partner with VP Healthcare Corporate Accounts to ensure stakeholder requirements are prioritized, established and met throughout the year.
- Establish and improve performance metrics to assist with business evaluation and decision-making; Measures vs. actual targets. Ensures the accurate compilation, timely reporting, and analysis of data.
- Partner with the Director of Finance in the development of the annual operating plan and monthly forecast processes for Corporate Accounts Healthcare revenue. Continuously improve closing, planning, forecasting, and other financial processes.
- Support the strategic planning process for each of our Healthcare segment corporate accounts by analyzing current business relationship and identifying and quantifying potential new areas of business. Support the evaluation of accounts for addition to the Corporate Accounts program.
- Lead the development of corporate-wide proposals and incentives structured to gain customer share of wallet. Reviews proposals with cross-divisional commercial and finance leadership to ensure support of the program. Responsible for tracking progress against the incentive programs and communicating results to the Divisions. Actively participates in key business decisions and contract reviews/negotiations.
- This role will be based in Pittsburgh, PA.
How you ll get here
- You have a Bachelor s degree in Finance, Accounting, or other relevant area.
- You have at least 3-5 years of of direct experience in financial analysis and reporting preferably within a large, matrixed organization.
- You possess advanced analytical capabilities with proven financial modeling skills utilizing MS Excel, MS Access and Oracle.
- You can communicate effectively (both written and verbal) and demonstrated confidence working with VP levels.
- You have the ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge strong professional relationships with peers and upper management.
- You keep an eye toward continuous improvement with a successful track record of optimizing processes.
- You can juggle multiple projects and execute them successfully.
- You are self-motivated with a bias for action.
- Commercial and manufacturing background with in-depth knowledge of financial planning and analysis and deal economics.
- Healthcare industry knowledge, preferred.
- Individual must possess high level of integrity and ethics.
- Teamwork-oriented with collaborative style.
- Knowledge of Tableau, SAP and COGNOS a plus.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today
Associated topics: analyse, analyze, business, business intelligence, examiner, guidance, inspect, law, legal, refinement
Location/Region: Pittsburgh, PA (US - 15202)