Who are we, and what are we looking for? YinzCam is the industry-leading mobile developer for sports-team apps in the United States, with clients in most major professional sports leagues such as the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, and even international clients such as the Australian National Rugby League. We are experiencing a period of significant growth in our business, and are looking to add more full-time web developers to build upon critical web applications used by our clients and users, and to enhance the systems our mobile apps depend upon.
You will have the opportunity to work in a team of highly-skilled and experienced developers to build and deploy the tools that support professional sports teams’ official mobile apps, and that will, therefore, affect the experience of millions of fans around the world. You will work closely with designers and back-end developers in a collaborative environment to develop compelling applications and client-facing interfaces. You will also have the opportunity to innovate and explore cutting edge web technologies and frameworks.
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors, particularly Sass or Stylus
- Experience with web development in a Linux environment
- Experience creating documentation and well-commented code
- Experience working with RESTful APIs as well as custom APIs
- Experience using Git for version control Ability to work with designers and other team members
- Familiarity with back-end web development
- Familiarity with social network APIs (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Experience developing mobile-optimized websites
YinzCam is a Pittsburgh-based mobile sports-technology startup company, a Carnegie Mellon spin-off, with 14+ million downloads of its mobile apps worldwide, and its current clients including 135+ NFL, NHL, NBA, NRL, CFL and MLS teams, and NCAA College Athletics.
YinzCam's mobile apps are in the hands of millions of sports fans around the world, allowing them to stay in touch with the favorite teams 24x7x365, by providing fans with real-time stats, multimedia, streaming radio, social-media and much more. The company's mobile-video technology is also being deployed in sports venues throughout the country to allow fans to watch instant replays, live cameras (including the NFL RedZone channel) on their smartphones, tablets or touchscreen computers.
Location/Region: Pittsburgh, PA (US)