BSA Business Systems Analyst – Derivatives and Fixed Income
Job Title: BSA Business Systems Analyst – Derivatives and Fixed Income
Company: Direct IT Recruiting Inc.
Job Category: 1 Year Contract
Career Level: Intermediate to Senior
Work Experience: 5+ years as a BSA, SQL, Capital Markets, Derivatives, Fixed Income, C#,VB, CBAP, CSC, Agile
Industry: Capital Markets, Bank
- Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies.
-Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers.
- Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation.
- Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities.
- Supports one or more highly complex business processes.
- Works on multiple projects as a project team member.
- Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
- Formulate system scope and objectives, and validate the developed requirements, testing, training and implementation of applications.
- Assist internal business groups on process improvement projects.
- Provide technical guidance concerning business implications of application development projects.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to utilize Use Cases to analyze define and document requirements.
- Excellent decision-making skills with knowledge of requirements analysis.
- Previous experience with data analysis, metrics and reporting.
- Basic knowledge of programming languages in order to comprehend reading code and basic functions.
- Ability to create business solutions that increase competitive advantage.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Project management skills in order to handle diverse projects, often times simultaneously, and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to solve technical problems/ processes and understand complex details.
- Ability to increase operating efficiency with produce high quality technical solutions.
- A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions.
- 5-7 years of BSA experience within the banking industry
- Fixed Income/Derivatives experience strongly preferred
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2012, 2016
- CSC (an asset)