- Direct and manage the daily activities of a crew related to duties involved in the construction, maintenance, inspection, and repair of railroad tracks.
- Emphasize the importance of safety and enforce compliance with all safety procedures (FRA regulations, OSHA standards, Company Safety Program, etc.).
- Train, develop, and mentor your crew. Pass on your knowledge of track structure/components and the methods, techniques, and tools used in track repair and maintenance.
- Have the ability to constantly work in an outdoor environment, exposed to all weather elements, including extreme hot and cold temperatures and dusty and noisy conditions.
- Fulfill crewmember duties (operator, laborer, etc.) to keep your project on schedule. You are a working foreman. You must be able to operate various Railroad Equipment (Tamper, Tie Inserter, Spiker, Backhoe, Boom Truck, etc.).
- Get and Maintain a valid CDL (Class B with Air Brake endorsement at a minimum)
- Supervisory experience in the railroad industry is required.
Since 1969, Amtrac of Ohio has served private industries and railroads as a full service Railroad Contractor in Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Indiana, and Kentucky.
Location/Region: Steubenville, OH (US)