EVERYONE IS WELCOME HERE. EACH OF US IS UNIQUE, AND THAT’S WHAT MAKES US AMAZING. WE BELIEVE IN INCLUSIVENESS AND CELEBRATING EACH PERSON’S INDIVIDUALITY, BECAUSE THERE’S POWER IN BRINGING PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT POINTS OF VIEW AND LIFE EXPERIENCES TOGETHER. SO, BRING YOURSELF AND YOUR BEST IDEAS. WE PROVIDE EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES (EEO). ALL APPLICANTS ARE CONSIDERED REGARDLESS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, SEX, MARITAL STATUS, ANCESTRY, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, OR SEXUAL ORIENTATION.
BECAUSE WHEN WE FEEL SAFE AND COMFORTABLE BEING OURSELVES, THERE’S NO LIMIT TO WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE.
IN A NUTSHELL…
Production Manager at Goodblend oversees production and packaging operations. Works closely with the General Manager of Operations to ensure all production needs are met. Provides leadership and guidance to all teams, manages employee relations, production reporting, scheduling effectiveness/efficiencies, facilitates lean initiatives, and the acquisitions of new staff.
This role is with Goodblend, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Manages production operations by implementing, adjusting, and enforcing program, operational and personnel policies and procedures
- Responsible for enforcing Operational Compliance in all aspects of producing and packaging all products
- Manages all manufacturing, packaging, quality standards, employee relations and on-boarding; directs teams on executing day to day operations and facilitates production schedule planning
- Works directly with training teams to initiate and evolve an engaging, holistic training program directed at enhancing employee skills and nature; helps to mature individuals and culture, to instill the necessary qualities for future leadership
- Mastery and management of seed to sale tracking programs
Authority & Supervision:
- Report directly to the Director of Operations
- Oversees Production Supervisors and hourly associates
- Manages Manufacturing, Production, and Packaging teams
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Min 3 years’ experience in managing high volume production operations required
- Min 3 years supervisor experience in any industry or role required
- Quality assurance and GMP standards experience
- Demonstrates excellent leadership skills and possessed a strong work ethic
- Excellent delegation and follow-up skills
- Must be goal and task oriented; handles stress professionally
- Exceptional decision-making capabilities, able to solve problems holistically
- Superior conflict management and human resources principles and practices
- Proven success of process improvement techniques
- Must be organized and have extreme attention to detail
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Manufacturing and Packaging environment.
- Requires the ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, and consistent attention to detail for 10+ hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, lift and stoop continuously.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs. unassisted and up to 80 lbs. assisted.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Parallel reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this job description. Your employment with Parallel is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or Parallel at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this document shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Parallel associates.
Internal ID: 34149
Location/Region: PIttsburgh, PA