Williams Lea is hiring for a Hybrid Graphic Designer to work at our Wheeling or Columbus offices Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:30 pm!
$1,500 Sign on Bonus!
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Company Provided Parking
The Graphic Designer role develops creative and effective design solutions, for customer materials through both print and digital media.
- Executes design and production projects in compliance with the firm's identity standards. Examples include:
- Publications based on the Firm's templates for brochures, client alerts, white papers, announcement cards, etc
- Advertisements, posters, invitations and evites
- Signage and other event materials
- PowerPoint presentations
- Image searches, cropping and resizing of photos and other images; adapting for reuse
- Works with other Marketing Communications team members and business development staff to create new materials based on the needs of the Firm's practices
- Perform work in presentation design, including, but not limited to creating pitch books and materials, creating, editing, and error correcting multiple document types to support the client's brand; intake and workflow coordination functions, as needed
- Use established procedures, standards, and formats to edit, proof, create, or otherwise complete presentation requests to client satisfaction
- Help to foster a proactive environment of continuous service enhancement and relationship building with the client
- Minimum of three to five years of graphic design experience, preferably in a legal, banking, or large corporate environment.
- Bachelor's Degree required (Arts, Graphic Design or Communications)
- Candidate Portfolio (web based preferred)
Specific Technical Skills:
- Skilled in the use MS Office software (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio as examples); strong keyboarding and typing skills
- Familiar with other software programs for editing and/or creating documents; specifically, Adobe PDF & Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop as examples)
- Advanced PowerPoint skills including working with Templates, Masters, Transitions, Animation, working with images charts and graphics.
- High level of proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, especially PhotoShop, Illustrator and InDesign, web design and animation preferred
- An understanding of the differences between digital and print, including knowledge of color spaces, treatment of images for either output, differences between raster and vector, plus some knowledge of preparing images for screen or for print.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate effectively and in a professional manner with all levels of the Firm and outside vendors
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver creative briefs to tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential documents and information
- Good problem-solving skills, with the ability and understanding of when to escalate a problem to a supervisory level
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing
- Proven customer service skills are required in order to create, maintain, and enhance customer relationships
Who we are: From our humble beginnings as a print shop in London, to our position today as a global leader in Marketing and Communications services. Our business is built on a strong heritage, great relationships and a talented team.
Today we have one purpose, to create value for our clients by working smarter with fewer resources, enhancing efficiencies, improving their customer's experience and strengthening their brand reputation.
Our clients and their customers have always been at the heart of everything we do. Our long-term partnerships, great relationships and exceptional employees have been the driving force behind our success.
Your safety and well-being: As we all continue to deal with the effects of COVID-19, your health and well-being remain our top priority. In preparation for returning to our workplaces, the following guidance has been developed with reference to government, designated authority, as well as feedback received from employees. This guidance is further supported by our Wellness site content and external resources to help you manage through these unprecedented times.
Face masks: To supplement social distancing and where stipulated, everyone is required to wear a face mask at all times upon entering and when working within the building.
Social distancing: Workstations and office areas are continually evaluated to ensure the 2m/6ft social distancing rule can be applied and adhered to by all employees.
It is the policy of Williams Lea to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity of expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Williams Lea is a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Location/Region: Wheeling, WV