Proven to Perform.
From the edges of space to the bottoms of ocean, our materials are proven to perform -- and so is our team. We're hiring high performers as proven as our products. Join us.
Prepare, maintain and operate the atomizing unit including: preparation of the melt chamber and equipment, charging furnace, ensuring heat chemistries are within specification, preparation of liquid pour to atomizing, operation of the atomizer ensuring that assigned parameters are followed during pour.
- Develop and maintain effective communication to contribute to a team-oriented work environment.
- Adhere to and participate with company safety programs to ensure a safe work environment.
- Perform work following all company quality standards and customer specifications to ensure a quality product is being produced including required documentation.
- Accurate use of shop floor business system (ABS).
- Maintain all equipment to ensure proper utilization.
- Weigh out raw materials and oversize powder to meet required product chemistry.
- Fill charge cans to prepare for heat.
- Prepare heats efficiently and accurately to promote continuous atomization.
- Prepare, maintain and operate the atomizing unit following documented procedures and customer specifications.
- Perform set up and patch procedures for Tundish, Liner, Nozzle and Filters.
- Assemble tundish heater.
- Thoroughly clean and assemble all equipment required for melt preparation.
- Set up plates, tundish heater, nozzle, and O-rings to prepare for furnace turn.
- Inspect and install all equipment required for melt using cranes and other mobile equipment.
- Load hoppers with material verifying all chemistry and documentation.
- Change bottles between pours.
- Verify all equipment and materials are ready for atomization including documentation review.
- Operate unit to bleed-up of melt chamber to atmosphere and preparation to tap which includes verifying met chemistries are within specification.
- Operate Atomizer which may include handling powder; atomizer control room is located several flights of stairs above ground level.
- Perform removal and installation of furnace into the melt chamber including dig out, grouting, installing blanket and ground fault.
- Install the base and liner both pre-fired and ram.
- Prepare tower for grade change using appropriate technique of blow down, scrape and grind.
- Clean, replace and/or assemble all filters required for grade change.
- Clean and assemble the atomizing station.
- Prepare and install all valves required for grade change.
- Clean cyclones and piping components in support of grade change.
- Perform any other assemblies required for melt preparation.
- Material handling
- All other duties as assigned or directed by management.
*It is ATI's policy to not provide immigration sponsorship for any of the company's positions.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected be federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.